In this post, we are going to discuss the instructions to troubleshoot the range extender if not working properly or getting an intermittent wireless connection.
- Check whether the extender is connected to the power outlet or not.
- The extender must be within the range of the router and wireless device.
- Open Mywifiext.net
- If prompted for username and password, enter the email address and default password.
- If the default password is not working, then enter the new password.
- Check the version of the firmware installed. If a new update is available, then download and install it.
- Click ‘Check’ and if the firmware is available, then start downloading it and it will take some minutes to download.
- If the Netgear Wi-Fi extender not working yet, then reset the extender by pressing the button with the paper clip. After the resetting process gets completed, wait for the green light to become stable.
- Connect the device through a wired or wireless network of the range extender.
- Configure the extender again through the Netgear genie setup page. For installation and configurations related query, you can contact experts.
This is how you can troubleshoot the issues related to the range extender. We hope the above-mentioned steps will solve the problem and you will be able to experience the seamless internet access on your devices.